Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Book Give-a-way!!!!


Hello! Here it is, our very first book givaway! Here is how this works....

I am going to ask a question. All you have to do is post a comment on the blog, with your answer. At the end of a 2 week period, I will write everyones name who entered the contest on a separate piece of paper. I will place them all in a bag and my son, Anthony, will pick out 1 name. The name he picks, will be the person who wins the book!
The question is:

What kitchen/baking/cooking tip is your favorite?

Ex. mine is: When I purchase hamburber meat, I purchase about 3 pounds at a time. I separate it into 3 plastic, zip top bags with about 1 pound in each bag. When I go to make meat loaf, I defrost 1 bag and add my meatloaf ingredients to the bag, zip it back and squish it all together with my hands. My hands never get dirty, because they never have to touch the mixture!

Now its your turn.

What is your favorite kitchen/baking/cooking tip?
The book you will recieve is called "Grandma's baking and more". It contains all kinds of tasty recipes. Some of them include:
Easy eclair dessert, tiramisu, southern banana pudding, cobbler, bread pudding, Georgia peach pie, key lime pie, pumpkin pie, butterscotch blondies, dream bars, cookies and so much more!
Yummy :-)

2 comments:

brenda said...

Oops, I think I posted this in the wrong place the first time so here it is again! :-)

A lot of people might already know this but here goes. This time of year is berry picking time and I pick a TON of berries to freeze for the rest of the year. When I freeze them, I first put them on in single layers on cookie sheets and put them in the freezer for an hour or so. Then, when I put them in the freezer bags they don't stick together. When it is time to use them, I can get out just the amount I need without having to use an ice pick on them! :-)

robertson_lena said...

I don't use leftover cooking grease...so what is the best way to get rid of it?


I line a bowl or deep mug with aluminum foil, then strain the meat over that foil. Once the grease has setup, simply fold up the foil and toss in the trash! This makes for EASY clean up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...