Monday, August 11, 2008

New Recipes!


Hello! Guess what I just got through doing??? Baking! I have an order for cheesecake bites scheduled for pick up tomorrow night! I am so happy to see and feel the cooler weather coming in! Yey! Fall and winter are my favorite seasons! I had the door and window open today and there was such a great breeze through the house! I plan to do that again this evening.


I have a recipe I make all the time that I am going to share with you, as well as one I have not tried yet.


First recipe: Chicken salad braid. This is so easy and so good! I make it for brunches and for lunch.


Chicken Salad Braid


1 Can chicken, white meat in water

1/2 Cop, mayo

1 Cup, shredded cheese (I like cheddar, but mozzerella works well too)

Salt

Pepper

Garlic powder

Onion powder

1 Can crescent rolls

milk



Pre-heat oven to 350*.


First, drain canned chicken. Then, mix first 7 ingredients together in a bowl.

Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with non-stick foil.

Remove crescent rolls from can, place longest ends of each trianlge together, by twos, down the center of the foil lined pan. Where the rolls connect, in a straight line, down the center of the pan, press them together with your fingers.

At this point, you will have the points of each triangular shaped roll, pointing towards the edges of the pan and the big ends of the triangular rolls will be connected down the center of the pan.

Now, spoon your mixture down the center of the rolls.

After that, pull each end of the rolls, together, one by one, over the filling. This will make it look like a braind.


Brush milk over the bread and bake for about 20 minutes. Until golden brown.

Serve warm!


Whew...it was hard for me to put into words how to arrange those crescent rolls to make the braid! I hope you understand what I wrote!


The next recipe, I have not tried, but it looks tastey and easy!


No Bake Gingersnap Ball Cookies


3 Tbsp. corn syrup

2 Tbsp. peanut butter

5 oz. gingersnap cookies, crushed fine

1/3 cup powdered sugar


In a bowl, combine syrup and peanut butter.

Mix well.

Add crushed cookies.

Mix.

Roll into about 20 balls. Roll each ball in powdered sugar.

Chill and serve!


Have you ever had your cookie mix stick to your hands while rolling into balls?

I have....its becasue your hands are hot.

Run your hands under cold water and begin rolling again. It really works!


Please let me know if you try this cookie recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...