Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The New Food Network Magazine



Hello! The Food Network has to be my favorite TV channel to watch (QVC, a close second). I recently purchased a copy of their new magazine. It was very resonably priced at $3.99. I found my copy at Barnes and Noble. Doesnt the cover look good?

It is full of great cooking tips and ideas and it gives you a sneak peak at what goes on behind the scenes at the Food Network.

At the beginning of the magazine, it gives you a list, with photo's of all of the recipes inside. I think this is a great idea, this way if after looking at what recipes the magazine offers, if you decide they do not appeal to you, you can put the magazine back down on the rack and walk away :-)

One of my favorite recipes that the magazine offers is a five layer bar. Yummy :-)

Here is the recipe for you:

5 Layer Bars

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

1 stick salted butter, melted

1/2 cup chopped pecans

1 cup butterscotch chips

1 cup semi-sweet choc chips

1 cup shredded coconut

1 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk

Preheat oven to 350*.

Combine grahams and butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle pecans, chips and coconut on top. Pour milk over the top. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and cut into bars!

I am a coupon clipper! In last weeks Sunday paper there was a coupon for baking chips...you can use it for this recipe and save money! I also buy the store brand butter to save money as well.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please let me know if you try it by leaving a comment here =D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...