Thursday, December 11, 2008

Baking again.... (and the story of the lights)




Happy Thursday...my favorite day of the week!

I just got in from a couple errands. I picked up a few things at Lowes Food, and lights for the mailbox from AC Moore. I also had my nails done.

Lets vere a bit from the subject at hand and talk about my Christmas lights....

They hate me! Im not too fond of them this year either :-P

First, I had a fight with my tree in front of the house. I tried to put the lights up on it as I do every year and it just did not work. I got upset, yanked off the strand I had put up there and broke off several branches and broke the lights. That was last week. Yesterday, I bought a set of snowflake lights from Lowes and went to put them in that same tree. Well, the plug would not fit into any of my plugs, so, I could not use them in the tree. I took them in the house and was going to put them up on the deck so my neighbors in the back could enjoy them. Well, they would not work! So I threw them down and then out in the trash can. Anthony just watched in amazement as mommy fought with the lights. I tried to stay as calm as possible, but I gave in a little bit when I threw them down. Later, I explained to him that I should not have done that :-)

So, today, I bought more lights at AC Moore, they wound up being over 50% off! I was so happy!

Thank you God for favor! I brought them home, put them on the mailbox (because those lights decided to quit working last night), tested them and they work and look very pretty! Yey!


Back to the suject at hand....baking!

I have an order for cookies and cream candy apples, 10 of them. So, I am going to make those up today. I also have candies to make for a party. I will enjoy myself baking.
I hope you enjoyed my story of the lights and I hope it made you laugh or at least chuckle. Thankfully, I can laugh about it now :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...