Monday, December 1, 2008

Im back...after a long weekend!


Hello! I had such a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! On Thanksgiving day, I woke up to my coffee brewing...oh what a glorious smell! I watched the parade and went through the sale ads for Black Friday as I drank my warm coffee.
At 12noon, we went over to Tommie parents house for turkey and all the trimmings. It was soooo good!
After I got home, I made my shopping lists for Friday. I tried to get to bed early, but I was too excited about shopping in the morning.
I wound up getting up at 2am. I finally had fallen asleep at 11pm...so, needless to say, I woke up anticipating my morning coffee. I left the house at 3:30am to go shopping. After my first stop, I had brakfast (including coffee) at McDonalds. Then, off I went shopping again. I got home at 7:30 am and went back out shopping with Tommie and Anthony at 8am. Whew...what a day and it was still early!
After we got home, I had to set up the new iphone Tommie bought. I finally tried for a nap at 2pm. I got about 15 minutes of shut eye before Tommie came in and said Lee was coming for a visit. So, I got up, got dressed and put my face on.
At 2:30, I got the party platters and macaroni salad together for our family gathering that evening at my house. My sister Marlana and her family were here from PA....above is a picture of me and my 2 sisters. They were scheduled to arrive at 4pm, but arrived at 3:30. It was a great visit! Our friends, the Polo's came over fore dessert and stayed until about 10:30pm. It was a long day, but well worth every second!
I spent a lot of time thanking God for all of the wonderful things He has chosen to give me this past weekend...my huband, son, family, friends, home, business, finances, Church, Pastors....just everything!
I am one thankful woman and a blessed one at that :-)

2 comments:

~Scot, Lisa, and Timmy said...

Scot got an iphone a little while back. As soon as his Sprint contract was done he went on the search for a phone. I did more searching and looking into it than Scot and I told him the iphone was the best deal. He is loving the iphone and keeps sharing neat things that it can do. I'm looking forward to the day when I can have my own iphone. They are very cool.

~Scot, Lisa, and Timmy said...

oh, btw, it sounds like you all had a great time. I would have loved to have met your sister?! Oh well, maybe some other time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...