Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snowball cookies!


Have you heard of Russian Tea Cakes? How about Snowball cookies? I have a simple and tasty recipe for these cookies! A friend of mine made them for me for Christmas one year and they were so good and buttery, I asked her for the recipe. If you know me, you know I have to change up recipes to make them "my own", right? Well, I took this recipe and omitted the nuts. They were awesome plain. Then, I got creative and added chocolate shavings in place of the nuts. Oh, yum! If you decide to give these a try, let me know what you think!

Russian Tea Cakes (Snowballs)

1 Cup Margarine
1/2 Cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 1/4 Cup flour
1/4 Tsp. salt
3/4 Cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
Powdered Sugar for rolling

Preheat oven to 400*.
With mixer, mix margarine, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, salt and nuts until dough holds.
Form into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet (I line my sheet with no stick foil).
Bake 10-12 minutes until set, not brown. Immediately roll in powdered sugar. Allow to cool and roll in sugar again.
If you have any ideas on how to change these up to create something new, please leave your comments!

2 comments:

bendecido1 said...

I might just have to try these! They sound yummy!

PinkCakeBox said...

My husband loves Russian Tea cakes - good recipe to try. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...