Friday, February 20, 2009

Nemo Bars

These bars are fabulous! I first tried them several years ago at my neighbor's house. Here sister in law made them. It was love at first taste, for me. I immediately got the recipe and make them often. They take a bit of time to make, since they do consist of 3 layers. But let me tell you, they are WELL worth the effort!

The original name is Niamo bars, I believe that is the correct spelling. But, I renamed them: Nemo Bars (like the little clown fish in the "Finding Nemo" movie...don't ask me why :-)



Nemo Bars

Bottom Layer

3/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups graham cracker crumbs

In a pot over low heat, melt butter, sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
Remove and add graham crumbs.
Line a 9x9 baking dish with no-stick foil and place mixture in the dish.

Middle Layer

2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 pack vanilla instant pudding
3 tbsp. milk

Combine all ingredients.
Beat for 1-2 minutes.
Spread mixture over bottom layer.
Put in fridge 30 minutes.

Top Layer

6 ounces, semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. butter

Melt together in a pan over low heat.
Spread over middle layer.
Put in fridge 30 minutes, minimum.

Remove bars from pan by lifting out the foil by its edges.
Cut and enjoy!
Keep refrigerated.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

These are calorie free right? mmmmm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...