Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Have you ever tried walnuts in syrup on your ice cream? (Plus: wet walnut ice cream topping recipe)


Chances are you have seen this treat offered at your local ice cream shop. Often times, they are called, "Wet Nuts". My mom was a big fan of these when she was alive. Back then, I did not have a taste for them. But, as we all know, our tastes do change.
For Christmas this year, I made a batch to top a no-bake banana split dessert I made. The dessert was a hit and so were the nuts!

I was on the phone with my sister in Pennsylvania and I was telling her how I could not find them at the grocery store so I decided to make my own. She shared with me that she did not like them. So, I asked her "Why?" Her answer... "Mommy used to eat those on her ice cream. Do you know how embarrasing it was to go out for ice cream and have your mother ask for wet nuts?" So there you have it, my sister was scarred for life over this sweet treat!

What did I learn from this? Call them walnuts in syrup when ordering!

Here is the simple recipe I came up with for Walnuts in Syrup

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...