Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday cake!


Sometimes I think it strange that I make my own Birthday cake...Is it strange?
My thought process behind making my own cake is this:

A. I do not want my husband to buy one because homemade tastes better

B. He does not know how to bake one

C. How RUDE would it be for me to ASK someone to make me one

One year I did ask for an ice cream cake. You know, the Carvel cakes with the chocolate crunchies in the middle... Oh, those crunchies, they are so good! It should be against the law for anyone to consume an ice cream cake without the chocolate crunchies!

Last year, I made: Deanna'a Double Chocolate Cheesecake and

a Julie Hession's: Winner of The Food Networks, Ultimate Recipe Showdown,

Chocolate Malt Cake with Cherry Vanilla Icing

Both were AWESOME!

Hmmm... What shall I make this year?

5 comments:

Janice said...

Hope you have a good birthday. I would make you a cake but I'm too far away :(

The Cooking Photographer said...

Happy Birthday! I too make my own cake. That way I can get anything I want. Your's looks soooo good!

Laura

DCRose said...

I wish I could make my own cake. I am a custom cake designer and I always get a cake from some bakery, because my family does not want me to make my own. Keep up the good work.

My Little Space said...

Hey, Happy Birthday! Did I miss out anything here? What do you know, I baked my own birthday cake too but last year I'm lucky coz my hubby still remember my birthday and bought me a cake! haha.... Sometimes, its good too not to bake our own birthday cake and lets wait for surprises instead! WHat if they don't remember at all???? hahaha.... OH MY OH MY.... that's bad!

marla (Family Fresh Cooking) said...

I love the idea of baking your own birthday cake....that way you get to put together all of your favorites for your special day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...