Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cake from scratch! (Easy vanilla cake recipe is included)


Over the past several years, I have been making more and more food from scratch. I would say from hot drinks to sauces and soups to cakes and cookies. I have even made my own cleaning products! (And yes, they do really work)

The last week of December was my husbands Birthday. Cake with tons of icing is his favorite dessert. Well, that and banana pudding! I surprised him with a birthday cake with Carolina blue icing (Yes, we are Carolina (UNC) fans) I also surprised him with a birthday party at Outback Steak House! After we ate our meal, I cut into the cake I made for him. The entire table of 15 people were amazingly quiet as they ate the cake! I offered our server a slice as well and she took it. A few minutes later, she came out and said that was the best cake she had ever eaten! After shoveling their cake in, my guests said the same thing and everyone wanted to take some home!


Lesson learned: If you want a great tasting cake...Make this one!

Easy vanilla chocolate chip cake recipe

Easy frosting recipe

2 comments:

Mari said...

OMG!You have made your own cleaning products! You sound just like me! I have done tons of products too including shampoo, hairgel, liquid detergent etc..... but my passion is cooking and baking. I love this cake recipe,it looks delicious.

My Little Space said...

Hi there, you've an awesome blog here. Trying to scroll around before making the comment. hehe.... Hey, congrats on your winning! You deserved it, alright! The cheesecake is stunning. Btw, Happy 2010.
Best wishes, Kristy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...