Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cucumber lime water...is it good? (cucumber lime water recipe)


I was on the phone with a friend of mine several days ago, actually it was the friend I wrote The Sopapilla article about! Thankfully this conversation, there was no yelling involved! We were talking about eating healthier and we were exchanging a few recipes with one another. As were were chatting, she mentioned to me that she heard that cucumber water was very refreshing. We were planning to get together for a play date with our children so I told her I would make some of this cucumber water.

Together we decided that cucumbers and lime would taste good together and that is what I decided to make. Have you ever tried cucumber water? From what I have been reading, they often serve it at day spas.

Today, I posted the Cucumber Lime Water recipe.
I have to say that it was very refreshing and the flavors were not overpowering at all! After we drank all of the water I made, I refilled the container with fresh water and kept the existing cucumber and lime in it. I drank it the next day and it was just as good as the first. The only difference was the flavors were not an intense...which was OK with me!

What lesson could I possibly have learned from this, you may ask... I learned that the more you type the word CUCUMBER on your computer, the more mistakes you make :-)

2 comments:

Emily Ziegler said...

My mom and I drink cucumber water all of the time! It is so refreshing, especially in the summertime! Two other things I like to put in my water (other than lemon, of course) are oranges and mint (which is also good to add with the cucumber, sooooooo refreshing!).

Great post!

JoAnn said...

I love this drink, it's just been awhile since I had it. Probably because it's been so cold here in Fl lately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...