Friday, January 8, 2010

Gourmet dinner last night??? My new work station! (Crockpot bbq chicken recipe included)


Happy Friday!
I'm not sure if you know this about me, but I used to be a licensed cosmetologist...yes, I used to cut hair! Several years ago, we set up a hair salon in one of the downstairs rooms of our home and as my son grew up, I was able to stay home with him and work from the salon in the evenings! It was great, but I have to say I am happy that season in my life is over now :-)
However, I still cut hair for a few family members and friends. It is nice because I like the socialization part of it and the extra money is a blessing as well :)

Last night, I cut a good friends hair and as I was shampooing it, she asked me what GOURMET meal I was making for dinner. I paused for a moment and looked at her and said, "Frozen Pizza!" We both laughed.
I too, sometimes do not feel like cooking! It was a Tombstone pizza, does that count as gourmet? I'm grasping here...

Although I have no great pictures of food to share with you today, I still have some pictures to share!
Remember the blog post about Flannery O'Connor? I spoke about framing her quote that touched me so? I did just that...I framed it and hung it by my work station.
My workstation...My work station used to consist of my laptop and a laptop stand. I decided I needed more space so I set up a table that we had in the garage...to give me more room. Now I can set my coffee on the table and not in my lap or on the floor! Enjoy! ...I am :-)

If you are looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner tonight, try this: Crockpot BBQ Chicken and Potatoes

8 comments:

Baking Momma said...

A writer. A lover of food. And a hair stylist! Wow a woman of many talents. Hope all is well. Miss ya!

Mari said...

I love your posing! I have added you to my favorites..... Yes I'll visit you every time from the Dominican Republic!

Hugs,
Mari

Janice said...

Deanna - I've blogged an award for you, take it or leave it, pass it on or not. I won't be offended, just wanted to acknowledge how much I enjoy your blog. :}

Cooking Mama said...

Okay, let's see if I can post a comment this time . . .

The quote by Flannery O'Conner is priceless. Yay on getting a new "office"! :)

My Little Space said...

I'm not cooking on every Sunday noon, honey! So, should I call it LAZY or what? haha... Oh well, just trying to feel good. Don't you think our house chores no ending at all?

ncl117 said...

I think that pizza is gourmet, why not right? :)

Velva said...

I have on more tan one occasion put a frozen pizza in the oven (laugh)....I love to cook but there are nights when it is just not happening. I can totally relate!

Congratulatons on your blog award.

DINING WITH BATALI said...

i love the work station - -very zen like and so organized! Hmmm.....you need to start writing about Beauty tips girl!!! I'll be the number one fan --

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...