Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Healthy banana oat bars (Banana oat bar recipe)




As I have said before, January is, "Let's get healthy month"! I know I have made some strides to eat better myself. I have been attending an, "Eat for Health" class that does include reading the book with the same title.
In the second book to the series, there are many recipes listed to get you started on your healthy walk. I do not have the book, but I looked online at the website and found this
banana oat bar recipe. I took the recipe and made a couple of subtle changes to it. The results were really good! I have made this recipe twice and the second time I added 2 shakes of cinnamon for an added burst of flavor. I liked it better with the cinnamon added in!
These are very healthy! I like to eat them warm. So, even if I make them and eat them later, I like to warm up my piece in the microwave.

Lesson learned: I thought I needed eggs to hold my recipes together, but then I tried this recipe and learned that I do not!

Healthy banana oat bar recipe
If you try these, let me know what you think!

2 comments:

The Cooking Photographer said...

Those look tasty!

My Little Space said...

I bet these smell fantastic! I love bananas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...