Saturday, January 30, 2010

Julie & Julia AND bread baking part 2...


Happy Saturday! Here in Raleigh, NC we have snow on the ground and a high temperature of 24 degrees!

I have watched Paul Blart Mall Cop with my family, cooked and eaten breakfast and lunch and am currently watching Julie & Julia for the 88th time since I got the DVD for Christmas. (I'm not technically sure it is the 88th time, but it must be close)


I have to say that I made another loaf of whole wheat bread yesterday afternoon and it came out MUCH better than the first. First of all, I made a 2 pound loaf instead of the 1 pound loaf. Also, this time, during the kneading process, there were no loud and intrusive noises coming from the bread machine. I figured out why that was happening... I did not have the metal pan inserted properly the first time! This time, I pressed it in better and presto...no more jack hammering on my kitchen counter!


Now I can bake bread day or night without waking up my neighbors :-)


Have a wonderful weekend...watch a movie that inspires you today :-)

1 comment:

Janice said...

Julie & Julia is not released on DVD here until March - eek, I have to wait so long to see it again. I loved the film to bits. Good to hear the bread came out better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...