Monday, January 4, 2010

Making a roasted chicken with veggies! (A first for me)


Good Monday morning! Today I will be having a first. I am going to make a whole chicken with roasted vegetables for dinner. You may be thinking: So, what? What's the big deal? Well, I have never made a whole chicken before! I have made chicken cutlets, chicken tenders, chicken salad, chicken fried steak (which is actually not chicken at all), but NEVER a whole chicken! I has always scared me a little bit :-P
But today, I will tackle it...face my fears (so to speak).

I posted this on Facebook today to a friend: Yesterday we went to the Fresh Market to pick up several specialty ingredients I needed for the new dishes I am planning on making this week. As we were
shopping my husband turned to me and said, "So, you are going to make gourmet meals this week?" He looked like a little boy in a candy store...so CUTE! He was all excited! I have to say he is the main reason I am doing this. He likes to eat and I want to give him food he will enjoy!

So, here we go...I promise to report the good, the bad and the ugly...on this journey of COOKING!


Note the coffee mug in this picture...that was cup #2 this morning!

4 comments:

ncl117 said...

good luck! I'm sure it will turn out wonderful!

Cookies and cakes said...

Thank you :-) I'm thinking it will be good too :-)

Janice said...

You really can't go wrong with a roast chicken. My sister cooked her first one upside down, it looked like a frog lol! However, it tasted just as good and years later tv chefs were recommending cooking poultry that way to keep the breast moist!

DINING WITH BATALI said...

I know how you feel about that "First Chicken " experience ! My daughter called me a diva when that crazy chicken slips by my finger and crashed to the sink -- (the advent of $5 roast chicken at Sam's made me lazy) --why spend too much time! Love you had fun...and yes--I make my own now too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...