Saturday, January 2, 2010

What do you mean you don't like cream soup?!


My husband and I have been married for 9 years and have been together for 11. Every year in July or August, I get a burst of Christmas Spirit. When this happens, I go out and buy all of the ingredients needed to make a Thanksgiving meal during the summer. In this meal I make everything from the turkey to the green bean casserole. He has always seemed to enjoy my meal so I make it year after year in the summer and then again for Thanksgiving!

This year it was July when I made my Thanksgiving meal for all of us to eat. I noticed he loaded up on everything except the green bean casserole. So, I asked him why that was. Come to find out he does not like canned cream soup! WHAT!? As I sat and contemplated this huge discovery, I realized that not only do I use it in my green bean casserole but other crockpot dishes I make and other casseroles as well.

After dinner that night I searched online to see if one could make their own cream soup and I found out one could! So, I came up with a recipe for cream soup.
You know I wanted to try it out on my husband, so I waited 2 nights (did not want to give him a green bean casserole overload) and made the casserole again with my homemade cream soup this time.

Know what??? He really liked it! It was a hit! Yey! Now I could continue to make all my dishes that call for creamed soup...I would just have to make my own :-)

What was the lesson learned: Just when you think you know your husband, he can throw you a curve ball!


Recipe for cream soup

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm all for making your own sauces. Sounds like you will all eat better for that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...