Saturday, January 23, 2010

Whole wheat pancakes... how did he know?


Last night for dinner I made breakfast..pancakes, eggs and sausage for my husband. For several weeks I have been cooking healthier and serving more fruits and vegetables with our meals. My son and I have always eaten a lot of fruits and veggies, I am doing this for all of us, but especially for my husband.

Last night I made whole wheat pancakes from scratch. I also concocted a maple syrup and butter topping (I know, this is not healthy). I figured I would take one step at a time in the direction of health. My thoughts were to get him to like the pancakes then get healthier with the toppings. Baby steps, right?

As we were eating, I asked my hubby, "Do you like the pancakes?" He said, "Yeah, are they wholw wheat?"
WHAT!? How did he know that? I figured it was the color or texture, but it surprised me that he knew.

Lesson learned: Do not try and trick the husband!

1 comment:

ncl117 said...

i LOVE making breakfast for dinner. It's such a nice change of pace during the week and is even a great money saver!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...