Friday, February 19, 2010

Celebrity Chef Tours and Paula Deen


Well, well, well... it appears Mrs. Paula Deen will NOT be appearing in Durham NC as she was supposed to this Sunday! I had my ticket purchased and ready to go!
An email was sent out from the Durham Performing Arts Center that stated the show has been postponed. That was it. No more information was given.

A WRAL reporter reports that it is due to lack of funds from the company running the program, Celebrity Chef Tours, LLC that the show can not go on as planned. Makes you say, hhhmmmm...

I have written an article about it if you would like to take a look and check out the link to the report on Raleigh news station, WRAL.

Paula Deen show: postponed

My thoughts: Get it together people! How can you with a good conscience take money from people when you do not have the money to put on the show? Now, I do not know all the specifics so I really can not pass judgement on the company. However, this is the way it looks right now.

Then, to top things off, on the back of the ticket it states NO REFUNDS! Shouldn't that be something they tell you BEFORE you purchase the ticket and not something written on the back AFTER you have paid?

To be quite honest with you, I am OK with it either way. If it works out, it works out. If it doesn't and I lose my $80, that is OK too. I'm sure there are hundreds of other people though, who may not have $80 to lose. My heart goes out to them :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...