Friday, February 26, 2010

Cupcakes!



On Super Bowl Sunday my husband asked me to make cupcakes for him to take to the Super Bowl party at our church. So, I did. I did not have much time though, so I used a boxed cake mix (I know, how terrible) and doctored it up a bit.

I made 24 cupcake, vanilla with chocolate icing. I used a piping bag to make the icing look pretty. My husband asked me if they were homemade. Keep in mind, I will NOT lie! I thought about it for a few seconds and answered him... "I made them myself." That was the truth! Right? I did not purchase them, I made them...with love :-)

My guess is everyone liked them. I told my husband to take one as soon as he put the tray down or he may not get one at all. He said he did what I suggested and when he went back a few minutes later, they were all gone! Yey!

Lesson learned: Sometimes people just want something sweet...even if it is not made from scratch.

3 comments:

TheChocolatePriestess said...

Why is using a mix terrible? Most of us are busy people and the fact is that we still want to cook and create wonderful things. I think those looked great plus you were very nice to make them for him... I would have told the White or Milk Chocolate Acolytes to make their own cupcakes for an event I wasn't going to. LOL

Mari's Cakes said...

Nice job Deanna! I loooove chocolate frosting, and box cake mix tastes good to me so I have no problem.

Have a nice weekend.

My Little Space said...

I'm so happy for you! You know, the happiest moment of the day is when seeing everyone enjoyed eating the cakes that you made. Keep on the good work, darling!
p/s By then, it's good that your hubby missed his share! haha... Body weight going down down down. yay!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...