Monday, February 15, 2010

Making gravy (sauce to the rest of the world)


Happy Monday! I hope you all had a relaxing and sweet Valentines weekend :) I did enjoy some nap time and dining out myself!

Over the weekend, my parents were visiting from New Jersey. On Saturday we made homemade gravy (pasta sauce to those who are not Italian), meatballs, Italian sausage, polenta and pasta! I have to say it was some of the BEST gravy I have had in many years! We fried up the polenta. It was my first try ever making polenta and I have to say it is good! The crisp outside works perfectly with the tender center. The sauce is what makes it though...polenta has no definite flavor on its own. And yes, I will be posting the recipe for the sauce very soon! In the mean time enjoy the pictures I took...

The first photo is of a meatball in the gravy.

The second is of the meatballs and the sausage browning before they entered into gravy heaven.

And the third is a picture of polenta frying in a pan of olive oil and butter! Yes, I got to smell my browned butter this weekend...aaahhhh what a heavenly aroma! (see the beautiful white bubbles????) =D

Have a wonderful night...try making something new...you will be glad you did!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...