Tuesday, February 16, 2010

New Jersey coffee cake!


In case you do not know, I am from New Jersey! Up there we have a bakery or diner on every corner! However, here in North Carolina, things are a bit different. Yes, I would like to open a bakery here one day...it is a dream of mine :-) I would serve, pastries, bagels, breads and desserts! We would have coffee and deli meats for sandwiches as well. I have it all planned out...down to my staff and the hours they would work!

For the past several days I have been thinking about New Jersey coffee cakes. They have a yellow cake on the bottom (a thin layer) and tons of cinnamon crumb topping on the top. When I say tons, that is what I mean! There is more crumb than yellow cake! But, Oh, they are soooooo stinkin' good!

Last night I came up with a recipe for one. And I have to say, it is right on! It tasted like I went to a bakery in New Jersey and bought it! I was a happy girl last night...and today too for that matter.
Enjoy the pictures of the cake...the recipe will be coming soon!

Lesson learned: If you live far away from home and are craving a food that you can only get there, make it yourself! The satisfaction from it is so rewarding! Then, go and sell it to everyone else who is from your home area! Ha ha :-)

3 comments:

Mari's Cakes said...

You know the same happens to me! Cake looks yummy, look forward for the recipe.

May God bless you with your dream of having a bakery. You'll be an excellent baker!

Craftgal said...

This looks wonderful! Can't wait to see the recipe! I haven't made a coffee cake in ages!

Caveman Cooking said...

Ooooooooo ... can't wait for the recipe, Deanna! Looks just like the NY coffee cakes we used to get when I was a kid. ;)
YUM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...