Friday, February 5, 2010

What is your favorite food smell?


Seems like a silly question, right?
I just completed an online creative writing course and I was asked to write a poem and a short story about my favorite smell. At first I though it was the smell of coffee brewing. Then it hit me what my favorite smell really is....dum, dum, dum, duuuuummmmm...
Browned Butter!
Oh, the smell of butter browning in a pan has to be the best smell on the face of the earth!
Here is the corny poem I came up with for the exercise:

The comforting smell of browned butter,
Is there any smell that is better?
To see it bubble in the pan,
Oh, browned butter I am your biggest fan!
Your aroma is perfume to my nose,
Please stay, don't go!
You are so simple, yet so complex,
A joy to my senses none the less.
Oh yes, you are a favorite of mine,
You are a classic till the end of time.

Keep in mind I had to use certain words and it had to be a certain length... I think it is silly, but you get the point, right? I enjoy the smell of browned butter :-)

If you have never really smelled browned butter, make this Bruschetta recipe and you will get to experience it for yourself :-)

6 comments:

Bigarade said...

I so love you poem its so cute!!

i saw this post on food buzz and just had to stop by! my life would have been incomplete otherwise!
im such a food fanatic anything smells good to me!
i absolutely adore the smell of freshly baked cakes!
and coffee!! ohh and i like the smell of burning sugar too!
do drop by my blog, www.bittersweetbigarade.blogspot.com :)

love from your newest follower :D x

TheChocolatePriestess said...

I bet if you look at my name you can guess my answer.

Chocolate, dark actually.

Secondary is the smell of baking bread.

Twyla said...

bread baking is the best smell ever. then pair it with raspberry jam (homemade) straight out of the oven when the pan is still too hot. I can't make a poem about it .. but man I want to make some bread now.

Cristina @ TeenieCakes said...

OMG! What timing on your post and I enjoyed your poem about browned butter. It's true...it has a nutty aroma and whatever you're making that calls for it is even that much tastier. I have a blog post (I have to finish) about some corn bread muffins I made that called for browned butter in the muffin tin wells before baking. Sooo good!

My Little Space said...

I'm sooo proud of you, Deanna! You're just so brave to take the challenge. Well done!

Mari said...

Congratulations you are a poet! LOL
It came out nice....you are very creative.

Just was passing by and wanted to say hi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...