Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Homemade Pesto sauce


I tried something new today! My friend gave me a book entitled, "365 Days of Pasta". I started reading the recipes and found 2 right off the bat that I wanted to try. One was a recipe for Pesto sauce.
So today I tried it. I have to say it was awesome! The key in my opinion, is to use the fresh basil. It really packs a punch of flavor into the sauce.

I have always liked Pine nuts. As a child my family called them...bin-yalls. My grandma used to put them into her meatballs. They are a fairly expensive nut so she used to hide them from me and my sisters because we loved to eat them.
One day my sister Marlana and I were searching for the nuts. Guess where we found them...in the bathroom medicine cabinet. Grandma hid them in there in a little clear bottle. When we found them, we ate them all! We got in so much trouble! But it was worth it...they are so good!
I remember that story every time I see, buy, use or eat pine nuts :)

Here are pictures of the sauce from today's adventure. The recipe will be coming soon =D

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I like to make huge batches and freeze it in freezer bags (over the summer when we have lots of fresh basil growing) and then when we need a quick meal I pull out a bag and boil pasta. The trick is freeze it in the portion size that you will use.

Cinnamon-Girl said...

That's such a cute story! I love pesto! Yours looks totally delicious!

shauniece said...

Hey I have a pesto recipe check it out!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMYoHHe0vs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...