Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Greek chicken recipe!



I woke up this morning and decided to go searching through my, "Fix it and Forget it" Crockpot cookbook for a new recipe to try.


I decided first that I wanted to use chicken, so I then went searching...


I found a recipe entitled, "Greek Chicken" and decided it was easy enough and sounded good enough to try. Above is a picture of what it looked like after I got it layered into the crockpot! Yum! I have to say that it does smell good as it cooks.

Here is the recipe if you would like to try it too:


Greek Chicken


4-6 potatoes quartered (I cut mine in chunks)


2-3 pounds chicken pieces (I used 2 ponds of boneless, thin chicken breasts)


2 large onions, quartered (I cut mine a little smaller)


1 whole bulb of garlic, minced (I used minced garlic in a jar, 2 tsp)


3 tsp dried oregano


1 tsp salt


1/2 tsp pepper


1 tbsp olive oil




Place potaotes into the bottom of the slow cooker.


Add chicken, onions and garlic.


Sprinkle with seasonings.


Top with olive oil.


Cover. Cook on high 5-6 hours, or on low 9-10 hours.




I will have to let you know how this turns out!


2 comments:

best cook said...

I guess it must be delicious as it sounds. I'll come back to read your comment later on. Thank you for sharing!

'Εξυπνες Συμβουλές said...

Nice chicken recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...