Saturday, June 12, 2010

Strawberries!


Each year we go strawberry picking and each year I try something different with the strawberries we pick. Last year I made jam. I had enough strawberries to make 2 batches! I made one with bananas and one with lemon. Both tasted really good!


This year, I did not get as creative with my strawberries. I cleaned them and then froze them. I did leave some out for us to eat...and eat them we did! I have used some of the frozen berries to make smoothies. In addition to the strawberries, I cut cup a pineapple and froze that as well. Have you ever tried a strawberry, pineapple, banana and coconut smoothie? OH...it is SO good!




If you would like to make strawberry freezer jam, here is a recipe for you: Strawberry Banana Jam recipe




If you wouldlike a recipe for a basic smoothie recipe, click here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...