Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Frozen cookie dough?


The last time I made my: Double chocolate chip Oreo cookies, I had more dough than I needed. So, I decided to freeze the remainder of the dough and bake it another time.


Yesterday, was my, "another time". I removed the dough from the freezer and took it out of the plastic zip top bag. I placed it on a cutting board and proceeded to slice off chunks with a knife. I squeezed the small chunks together to make one cookie. In all, I baked up about 20 cookies.


I have to say, I think they tasted better than when I made them the last time. Something about freezing the dough and baking the cookies from the dough that came straight out of the freezer made a difference!


The cookies were lumpier (making them look more like homemade), richer and more moist.


I WILL be freezing more cookie dough to make my cookies :)
The photo above is from the first time I made the cookies (prior to freezing the dough).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...