Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fried dough



Last week, I was craving donuts, but I was too lazy to drive to the nearest Dunkin' to get some. So, I fried up some canned biscuits, rolled them in powdered sugar and then filled them with chocolate cake icing.


They did not last long and tasted great!




What I did:


I ripped each buscuit into 2 pieces and then rolled each piece into a ball.


Then, I fried them in oil, until lightly browned on all sides.


Before they cooled, I rolled them in powdered sugar.


After they were all cooked, I opened each one up with my fingers and filled them with the icing.


To pipe the icing easliy, I spooned it into a plasic zip top bag and then cut off one corner. (Instant pastry bag)

A few days later, I made them again. Only this time, I left out the filling. I have to say, I like them both ways :)
More easy dessert recipes:

2 comments:

SnapDragon said...

I am loving your recipes! I love to cook to. I was wondering if you pop over to my blog for a look! I have a home ware competition going at the mo as well as my usual cooking and crafty posts xxx

Mari said...

Ahhh, I was just thinking about this yesterday. I love it!!! I guess it is ok to have it once in a while :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...