Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving preparations

The day before Thanksgiving and all through the house....


I would like to say that my house smells like apple pie and cinnamon. However, according to my son, it smells like eggs :/


Yes, I made stuffed eggs for tomorrow and apparently my son doesn't care for the smell of them. However, as you climb the steps to come upstairs, it does smell like fresh baked pecan pies!



Todays baking and cooking consists of:

2 pecan pies
stuffed eggs
green bean casserole
layered cranberry sauce


I tried something new today:


I took a can of whole cranberry sauce, an 8 ounce block of cream cheese (room temp), 2 tbsp of melted butter and about 1/4 cup powdered sugar and made a layered cranberry sauce!




I took 1/2 the can of sauce and spread it in a small dish.


I mixed the cheese, butter and sugar together ans spread that on top of the cranberry sauce.


Then, I topped it with the remaining craberry sauce and some chopped nuts!

I know is it going to be wonderful tomorrow!!!

Have a blessed Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

Kathy said...

OOOOHHHHHHHHH! Gotta try this!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...