Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Cookies...make them, eat them, give them away!


Aren't cookies great?I love cookies! I wrote an article about The History of Cookies that you might find interesting.

This week, Kraft Delicious Days is sharing great articles and videos about cookies as well.

If you are a novice or a pro baker, chances are you can make cookies! Here are some of my new favorite cookie recipes:

Mint Chocolate chip cookie recipe

Chocolate covered raisin cookie recipe

Peanut butter and M&M cookie recipe

Peanut butter ball recipe

Here are some great tips for freezing your cookies...we all bake way too many!

I like to freeze my cookies in storage bags made for the freezer. I place about 12 cookies down flat in the bag (place the bag flat on the counter to begin with your first layer of cookies), then place a sheet of waxed paper on top of that layer. I then, place another 12 cookies on top of the waxed paper. I put about 3 layers per freezer bag. I have tried to freeze my cookies in store bought containers. To my experience, they tend to crack and break apart.

Generally, if you have cookies that need to be frosted, do not frost them before you freeze them. Freeze the cookies and after you defrost them, apply the frosting. However, I make a family cookie that requires a frosting made from powdered sugar and water, and I frost my cookie before I freeze them, and it always defrosts wonderfully! Just use your judgment.

  • Cool cookies before placing them in the freezer.
  • If you are making several different types of cookies to freeze, freeze like cookies together. This way, your different flavors will not mix.
  • Be sure to write the date you baked the cookies on your bags. You may also want to write what type of cookies is inside each bag.
Cookies make great Christmas gifts. You can wrap them in plastic wrap and tie it with a ribbon or add them into a box, plastic container or tin and adorn it with a ribbon. Everyone loves cookies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...