Saturday, January 22, 2011

Smoothie gone bad...


Oh, my goodness, last night I tried a new smoothie recipe and it was not good at all! I drank it because I did not want to waste the fruit, but I will NOT be making this one again!

I had a brilliant idea to make a coffee and cream smoothie. Now, this would not have been such a bad idea if I had used pumpkin puree with the coffee, but I used cherries and a dab of pineapple juice b/c there was no sugar in the coffee.

It would have been good if it did not have the coffee in it. Here is what I did (I do not recommend you try this recipe):



1 cup coffee, prepared with milk

1/4 cup pineapple juice

10 frozen dark cherries

3 frozen strawberries

1 banana

3 ice cubes

I blended everything together.

The coffee left a bitter taste in my mouth. If I had put sugar in the coffee it would have been better, but then I would be drinking all that sugar.

So, after my husband and I drank it anyway, he said: "I know what would be good, use sweetened condensed milk in it!" Oh, yeah and that would defeat the purpose of a healthy smoothie...is what I told him :)

Anyway, just thought I would share with you. We all makes mistakes you know!?

Smoothie recipes that ARE good:

Pina colada smoothie recipe

Basic fruit smoothie recipe

I have several more smoothie recipes coming out this week on my: Raleigh Budget Fitness Examiner channel

1 comment:

wonderfullyflo.com said...

Squealed a bit when I saw your pina colada recipe as I thought it might be alcoholic! lol Sounds delish though so will be making it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...