Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Illumination thoughts...

Sometimes during my quiet times, illuminating thoughts come bursting into my mind. As I sat this morning, it occurred to me that we are all going through something in our lives. Some of us are going through situations that are tougher than others. Or at least we think we are.
No matter, we all think our problems are harder than everyone else’s. My mom would say, “Deanna, there is always someone out there with problems worse than yours” and there is so much truth to that. That statement ties in with mine, “You never know what someone else is going through”.

Someone may be rude to you. Someone may yell at you. Someone may ignore you. Always keep in mind that chances are the cause of their rudeness is not because of you.

The person who was snappy with you at the grocery store today may have been in court yesterday, dealing with a life changing issue.
You know, there are so many court cases each and every day. Right now someone may be being convicted of a crime they may or may not have committed. At this very moment, somewhere in the world, someone is dealing with the stress of being in court…awaiting a much-anticipated answer.

These thoughts were running through my mind this morning as I reflected on being in the courthouse yesterday. Imagine how many people sat where I sat, having their heart pound through their chest just as I did.

Thankfully, for me my case was a case to protect me. But, imagine all of the individuals who sat waiting to find out their fate.

My heart goes out to those who are in trouble. My heart goes out to those who are in need of help and may or may not get it. My heart goes out to those who made mistakes in their past, have changed and are still judged because of those past mistakes.

If we all walked in love and not hate…If we would see the good in people instead of the bad…If we could find it in our hearts not to judge one another because of past mistakes…If we could only involve ourselves in the lives of those who ask us to…If, If, If.

Love not Hate
Good not Bad
Accept not Judge
Help not Hinder or Hurt

Move on with our lives and leave others alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Slow Fade...

http://youtu.be/QASREBVDsLk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...