Friday, June 28, 2013

Baking class: Studying!!!!

I have gotten started with my first class with AIB: Baking and Ingredients! I have been studying whenever I can make the time.

After this week, I will have more time because I will be adjusting my work schedule to give me several more hours each week.

So far, I have learned about ancient bread making, types of leavening, evolution of baking machinery, yeast and chemically leavened products, 20th century baking conditions: laws, advances, mass and small bakery production.

It has been very interesting to me to learn about how things began and where things are today. The first cereal was simply raw seeds in water! Imagine eating that today? Ewwwwww!
Although, it was much healthier than a lot of the cereals today :) I bet the raw seeds got stuck in their teeth...but, I digress.

My next chapter will be on Science and Baking...it makes me feel like Alton Brown from "Good Eats" on the Food Network! lol



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...