Sunday, June 16, 2013

Baking school update #1

I would love to write and tell you that I am all set and good to go for the Baking and Pastry Arts certificate program at Wake Tech Community College in Raleigh, NC. BUT...I am not :(

I have had problem after problem with the administration at the college. Someone tells you one thing and then after digging in and calling different departments, I would find out I was supposed to do something completely different.
The administrative staff is completely disorganized and because of that, it looks like I will not be able to begin the program this August.
I am very sad, but am looking into other options right now.

On a positive note, Chef House, who appears to be the head of the program has gone above and beyond to help me get in contact with the correct administrative individuals. Thank you Chef House! You are amazing!

At this point, I feel as if I do not even want to give my money to a school that dropped the ball regarding my enrollment to the extent that they did. The website that all of the administrative staff continually directs you to is extremely difficult to navigate...and that is coming from someone who is very computer savvy.

I will continue to keep you posted on the progress of my Baking future!

Side note: There is a time and place for everything...this may not be the time or place for me to pursue this avenue of my life ...and I am finally OK with that :)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...