Thursday, September 5, 2013

Baking and cooking and baking and cooking

With Fall about to arrive in just a few weeks, it seems like all I can think about is trying out new recipes! I think about cooking new dishes and baking new treats.

This is no surprise really...it happens to me each and every year. I have already generated a few new recipes and I think it is safe to say that there will be many, many more to come.

We always hear people talking about the crisp Autumn breezes and smells of pies baking in the oven. And trust me, those are two of my favorite things when it comes to the season.

Something else I like to think about are the Holidays which to me signifies spending time with friends and family. People celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas for different reasons. Some celebrate their religious beliefs, others celebrate the parties and exchanging of gifts. Whatever the reason is that you celebrate be sure to try out a new recipe this year. You never know, it may become a family fave!

I did that a few years ago. I made a batch of homemade Reese's brownies. My adult nephew made me promise to make them year after year! So, for him....I make Reese's brownies :)

Here are a few recipes you can either try or add to to suit the tastes of your family and friends:

Brownie baking ideas

Shortbread recipe: Try adding chocolate chips, instant coffee, powdered sugar icing or fruit jam for a topping.

Apple crumble recipe: Try using different fruits for this recipe.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...