Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Blender banana oat muffins: a keeper or epic fail?

I tried a new recipe today that sounded interesting and somewhat healthy. The title being: flourless banana blender muffins. I found it on Pinterest...which is my favorite place to spend my time lately. I am a pinning fool!

They were super easy to mix since the blender did all of the hard work. And there was definitely a minimal mess. Being able to dump all of the ingredients into the blender in no specific order made this recipe super simple. 

However, they need more sugar! I thought 1/4 cup of brown sugar was not going to be enough, but went with what the recipe called for anyway. I used 4 bananas instead of 2 and am glad I did. Next time, I will increase the brown sugar to 1 cup. The healthy factor just flew out the window! Even with the increase in sugar these little jems are still gluten free!

I also chose to add mini chocolate chips to the tops and on a few I added the chips and sweetened shredded coconut.

Flourless banana blender muffins (as seen on Pinterest)

2 cups oats
2 eggs
2 bananas 
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla 
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt

Optional mix ins: 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes

Preheat oven to 375*.
Greece muffin tins or line with cupcake liners.
Add ingredients into high powered blender. Pulse until smooth.
If using mix in  add them in and stir...do not pulse.
Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Store air tight. 

Stay tuned for my version of this recipe ;)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...