Saturday, July 4, 2015

Have your cake and eat it too!

Have your cake and eat it too...such an old cliche. What is it with me and cliches lately? However, it makes a lot of sense. What is the sense of having cake if you cant eat it? There really isn't any sense is there? At that point, it's simply a tease. No one likes to be teased. At least I know I don't.

What does all of this mean anyway? I have no idea! I was just ranting, I guess. No, I wasn't. The truth is, this is how I have been feeling about life in general lately...nothing quite makes sense right now.

Something I have come to learn over the years is that it isn't always such a bad thing when life doesn't make sense. It means that changes are on the way. If you feel like you have one leg on one side of the fence and your other leg is dangling over the other side, it is time to make a choice. You have to either go back the way you came or take a leap of faith over to the other side.

For me, I wont go back. I always seem to choose to jump over to the other side...the side of the unknown. 

My baking business is going really well as is my writing career. Good news there! Now, I feel it is time to grow my life an another area. I have always been one to encourage health, exercise and fitness. I do however, feel that one should not completely deprive themselves from foods that they enjoy either. It is all a balance. Such is life...a balance. 

I am currently studying to become a certified personal trainer. I joke with my friends and say that I am going to generate a double sided business card...one side will be for Tastenc.com and on the flip side I will have my personal training information printed! Ha!Let me feed you junk then help you burn off the calories! You never know, it may work! 

How about this: homemade sugar cookies with cream cheese icing? Doesn't that sound amazing? Oh, then go for a 3 mile run!! 

Easy Sugar Cookies

This recipe was passed down to me from my friend Amy. It was passed down to her from her mother!

Amy's Sugar Cookies
2 1/4 C. sifted flour 
2 tsp baking powder 
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 C. shortening
1 C. sugar 
2 eggs, beaten ..... CLICK HERE FOR THE ENTIRE RECIPE

Cream Cheese Icing

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened..... CLICK HERE FOR THE ENTIRE RECIPE

OK, OK...now I feel like I should post something healthy!

Here are some tips on staying properly hydrated! TIPS ON STAYING HYDRATED

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...