Who says you can only prepare plain coffee at home? Not me! Check out these tips on making coffee at home and having it taste like a coffee house brew.
- Start by setting your coffee pot to brew the night before you need it and have it waiting for you in the morning....
- Pour into your favorite travel coffee mug (If you do not have one, buy one that you really like. This will make it seem as though you just stopped at your favorite coffee spot for the coffee you are drinking.)
7 tips and tricks to make enjoying your beverage just a little bit easier and tastier
1. Store your coffee (beans or ground) in the freezer. This will keep it fresh for a longer period of time.
2. Be sure your beans and/or ground coffee is wrapped properly when stored in the freezer. They can easily take on the flavor of the other foods being stored in there.
3. If using a Keurig to prepare a cup of coffee, add your liquid creamer to your mug prior to brewing. Doing it this way keeps you from needed a spoon for stirring! Just pour, brew and drink.
4. If you want to make milk foam for your cup of coffee, take warm milk and pour it into the blender. Blend for a few seconds until light and foamy…just like the coffee shop!
5. Use filtered or bottled water to make your coffee. This will make your coffee taste better than if you use tap water.
6. Want to grind your own beans, but do not want to invest in expensive equipment to do it? Use a small spice grinder! You can buy a black and Decker spice grinder for less than $15!
7. For iced coffee, brew your coffee using 2 times the amount of coffee grinds you normally would. By pouring it over ice, the ice will dilute the coffee.
Now, add some of these for the perfect flavor...
Add one or more of the following:
A flavored powder coffee creamer
A Maxwell House International Cafe instant coffee, flavor of your choice
A Maxwell House International Delight mini, flavor of your choice
* If you add a little bit of each three, and purchase 2 different flavors of each, your morning options can be extensive. You can easily have a different coffee flavor each weekday morning for your drive to work or to drink before the kids get up for school.
Try Hot Chocolate Coffee:
1 pot of fresh brewed coffee
1-2 packages of powdered hot chocolate (depending on how rich you want your coffee)
Prepare your pot of coffee. When it is complete, add hot chocolate mix to the pot (minimum 8 cups).
Add half and half if you would like. Stir and enjoy!
How about Cinnamon Coffee:
2 Tsp. cinnamon (ground)
Prepare your coffee pot with coffee and water. Before you brew the coffee, add cinnamon to the coffee in the filter.
Brew pot, add creamer if you would like and enjoy!
* You can also use pumpkin pie spice or ground cloves in the place of the cinnamon!
Always check back to www.mytastenc.com for more coffee tips and recipes!