Sunday, August 30, 2015

Comfort food for fall: grilled cheese and tomato soup

Do certain foods make you think of certain seasons? For example: doesn't watermelon bring your thoughts straight to summertime? How about hot cocoa: does it zip you away to the winter? Well, comfort foods whisk me away to the fall!

One of my favorite, easy comfort food options are grilled cheese and tomato soup. They both warm you up inside. And generally speaking, the whole family will enjoy. 

The other night, I decided to make grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner. My son's eyes lit up when he sat down at the table and my daughter loves her grilled cheese sandwiches! It was a quiet dinner of sorts. I mean...who wants to talk when they are enjoying such warm comfort foods?

I serve my tomato soup in a mug, just as my mom used to do. And we use the Horizon organic American cheese slices in our sandwiches. For the tomato soup, we choose Campbell's organic variety, which comes in a box.. It has a good tomato flavor without too much tang. 


So, next time you are short on time, or do not feel like cooking up a gourmet meal, throw together some grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...