Saturday, August 22, 2015

Easy pumpkin bread recipe with recipes for: cream cheese frosting, chai and cinnamon sugar


I have a side business where I bake for family and friends. This week, I offered pumpkin everything...including pumpkin bread.

I can not reveal my recipe for pumpkin bread, but I do have a super easy and really good one that I CAN share! 


I like mine with chocolate chips...as you can see from the pictures of the batter. I make this every year for Thanksgiving morning. We eat this while we watch the parade and I sift through all of the Black Friday sale ads!

In addition the pumpkin bread, I have included recipes for the cream cheese frosting, chai sugar and cinnamon sugar. 



Give it a try and tell me what you think! If you add chocolate chips, add about 1/2 cup to the recipe.


Easy Pumpkin Bread

1 box white cake mix
1 cup canned pumpkin (or fresh puree)
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 single serving cup of apple sauce (4 ounces)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 shake ground cloves
Chai sugar*
Butter spray 

Preheat oven to 350*. 
Spray 2 loaf pans with butter spray and then lightly coat them with chai sugar. In a bowl add cake mix, pumpkin, egg, milk, apple sauce and spices. Mix well with wire whisk, removing all lumps. Pour evenly into two pans. Sprinkle chai sugar over the top of each. Bake for 60 minutes.

Deanna's Chai Sugar

1 teaspoon ground pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
Mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container or plastic bag. You can easily double or triple this recipe.


For an extra treat, make this cream cheese icing to spread over your bread:

Cream Cheese Icing

4 ounces cream cheese, soft
1/2 stick butter or margarine, soft
1/2 tsp vanilla or bakers mystery flavor
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tbsp milk

Mix cheese and butter with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Slice bread and serve icing along side.

*You can also use cinnamon sugar instead if Chai sugar!

Basic Cinnamon Sugar

1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/4 cup of white granulated sugar

Mix ingredients together and store in an air tight container or plastic bag.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...