Saturday, August 8, 2015

Greek cucumber salad

I have been making this easy salad for a few weeks now and I make it at least twice a week! It goes with any meal and you can variate it so easily.

The original recipe I made included:

Greek Cucumber Salad Recipe

1 to 2 cucumbers, peeled
1/4 of a red onion
1/4 of a red pepper
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice
Salt and pepper, to taste

Cut first 3 ingredients into bite sized pieces.
Place in a glass bowl or dish.
Sprinkle with vinegar, oil and lemon juice.
Add salt and pepper.
Top with cheese.

Whala! Salad is served.

My son is not crazy about balsamic vinegar. So, when he is going to be eating this salad, I leave it out and squeeze the whole lemon onto the dish. It is just as good and with this simple change, we can all enjoy the salad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...