Thursday, August 20, 2015

My jogging stroller and power smoothie recipe!

It's no secret...I love to run! Now that it is starting to get cooler outside and less humid, I have been running outside more than on the treadmill. Normally, I have to wait for my husband to get home to go for a run or I go when the baby is with her Nonna for the day. But, not anymore!

I found a really inexpensive jogging stroller online. I posted on a local Buy Sell Trade group on Facebook asking if anyone had one they wanted to sell at a good price and that is how I found it. To make it even more convenient for me, the lady just happened to live in my neighborhood! So, my husband drove over and picked it up last night.

When he got it home, we put air in the tires and I cleaned it really well, Then, I took my little missy out for a run! She is used to going for walks in her little red umbrella stroller. But this stroller was made for my little Princess. She was comfortable and cozy and had amazing support for her little legs and feeties! 
But, when I started to run, she thought that was the best thing ever! She squealed in delight and laughed and laughed! I loved it as did she! 

So, after a good run, what is better than a fruit and protein filled smoothie? Nothing! 

Pineapple Blueberry Protein Smoothie

1 1/2 cups pineapple juice*
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 banana
1 cup fresh spinach leaves
1 scoop of your favorite protein powder (preferably vanilla)

Add all ingredients into blender. Mix, pour and enjoy! 

*Tip: for a creamier smoothie, use milk in the place of the pineapple juice or use sparkling water and frozen or fresh pineapple to cut back on calories. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...